Internships and Other Work Opportunities
Internships allow students, recent graduates and career changers to gain valuable work experience and contacts in a profession they are interested in pursuing. In a competitive job market internships provide an important edge for job seekers. Internships may be unpaid; however, academic credit is a possibility for current students.
How to find out about internships:
- Talk to a career or guidance counselor
- Talk to professors or teachers
- Network with fellow students, friends, family and acquaintances
- Check listings in internship directories in the Business & Career Library. Check the yellow pages or business directories in the Library and target a particular job category of interest
- Check employer websites.
- Contact employers by phone.