Are you ready for the GED?
Sign up for Free Pre-GED classes (adults 17 and older).
Begin your preparation for the GED at the Library. In Brooklyn Public Library's Pre-GED classes, you practice reading, writing, math, and critical thinking that form the foundation of GED success.
Part-time Pre-GED classes are for adults 17 years old and older. Classes meet two days per week for a total of 6 hours in libraries throughout Brooklyn. Evening, daytime, and weekend schedules are available.
Full-time Pre-GED classes are available for 17 to 24 year-olds. Visit the Young Adult GED Preparation page for more information.
To get started, attend a Pre-GED Registration Session.
Frequently Asked Questions
- GED® Compass: Hotline phone number: 718-557-2525
- High School Equivalency Fact Sheet: The GED is changing!
- You Can Too!
- GED® Guide (PDF)
- Adult Education Classes Resource Guide (PDF)
- Learning Express Library: Test prep material and practice exams for the GED exams. (An unexpired library barcode and PIN is required for access.)
- New York State GED® Testing Office
- Kings County GED® Test Centers and GED® Test Dates
For one-on-one assistance or questions about Adult Basic Education Classes at BPL, call or visit one of our Adult Literacy Learning Centers.
This project is supported by generous grants from the New York State Education Department, Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services. The Young Adult Literacy Program is supported by generous grants from the New York Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) and New York City Department of Probations.