Skills Training & Employment Project (STEP)
STEP up to a Better Job!
The Skills Training & Employment Project (STEP), originally funded by a U.S. Department of Labor grant, has expanded the library's job and educational resources to better serve the people of Brooklyn.
Currently, the following libraries are offering free, one-on-one sessions:
- Bay Ridge
- Business & Career Library
- Central- Grand Army Plaza
- Eastern Parkway
- Kings Bay
- Windsor Terrace
- Meet one-on-one with friendly staff
- Review your resume, and get tips on job hunting and interviewing
- Learn about the next steps towards your goal
- Explore materials, programs and services
- Learn to use the library's job-related books and computer databases, including:
- Career Cruising: An interactive career guidance resource in English and in Spanish. Users can find help with occupational assessment, career exploration, educational planning, and portfolio development.
- Learning Express Library: Test prep material and practice exams for the GRE, SAT, graduate school, civil service, technical and professional exams. (Available anywhere with an Internet connection and a library card.)
- Connect with outside agencies who offer training and job placement
- Learn more about the industries in which you want to work
Signing up for The Skills Training & Employment Project (STEP) is not an application for employment at Brooklyn Public Library. Visit our Career Opportunities page to view our current job openings.
Jobseekers and others who may want more time on computers are encouraged to take advantage of our laptop loan program at select locations.