Special Event Volunteer - Bike the Branches Volunteer
Become a Special Events Volunteer at Brooklyn Public Library’s 2nd Annual Bike the Branches Event – Saturday, May 17th
Last year more than 400 Brooklynites registered to bike our network of 60 neighborhood branches and helped raise $20,000 for BPL! Proceeds from the event support BPL services, including programming, technology, and collections. The fundraiser – which promotes awareness of the Library’s importance in the community - includes mini tours of Brooklyn and BPL branches, read alouds by local elected officials and other fun programs for all ages.
One-time events and projects are a great way to become involved in your local community and library for those who are not able to make a long-term commitment to volunteering, but would still like to donate their time and talents. This fun-packed day is a wonderful way to meet and interact with like-minded people in your community.
- Greet event participants
- Stamp Bike the Branches “passports” and keep a tally of the number of passports stamped
- Oversee the distribution of advocacy material to library visitors
- Act as community liaison by promoting programs and services in the library.
- Assist with Adult and Children’s Programming
- Good organizational skills
- A friendly and approachable manner
- The ability to get along with diverse groups
- Knowledge of languages other than English, a plus
- Volunteers must be available on Saturday, May 17th
- Shifts are available from 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM, 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM, or 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Brooklyn Public Library will conduct an investigative background check on volunteers 18 and older, who are working with children.
How to Apply
Complete an Online Application