Teen Virtual Investment Club (TVIC)
Purpose of Assignment:
The Teen Virtual Investment Club (TVIC) is a competitive financial literacy program for teens. Volunteers (ages 14-19) receive free training from experienced finance professionals to learn and develop basic strategies on how to build wealth through virtual investment in the stock market. Each TVIC participants (called Victors) will be charged with developing a team of three to five teens from their neighborhood to participate in TVIC Investing Challenge, where they will create and manage an online virtual stock portfolio.
- Attend and successfully complete a 2-day Investment Boot-camp
- Build and manage a virtual online portfolio
- Recruit a team of 3-5 peers to assist with the management of the online portfolio
- Attend monthly training seminars
- Conduct bi-weekly meetings with investment team at one of our local branches
- Outstanding Resume Builder
- Develop leadership skills
- Receive program incentives flash drives, portfolios, planners, calculators, etc.
- Build personal finance skills
- Fulfill community service requirements
- Compete for prizes in a fun and friendly environment
- Consent portion of Volunteer Application signed by parent or guardian before starting their assignment.
- 14- 19 years old
- Be on time to trainings and meeting
- Communicate effectively to branch library staff
- Sign in and out to monthly volunteer time sheets
- Be polite and professional
How to Apply
Complete an Online Application